First Saturday Motorsports Gathering
Join us each month on the first Saturday from 7:00 - 10:00 am for a gathering of some of the most amazing cars in the world! Here's a little sample-> https://vimeo.com/200770262
HEADS UP!!! We're moving on April 1st to our new location -
Scottsdale 101 Shopping Center
7000 E Mayo Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85054
Rules and Tips for Mutual Fun and Enjoyment
Wow! We’ve really grown over the years but the event has gotten so big we need to post some rules. People have been great, but there are a few things that everyone should know in order for things to go smoothly
First - a guiding philosophy statement:
We love all cars, but we have a particular passion for high performance exotics. The monthly Motorsports Gathering is a reflection of that. The focus and center of the event is about high performance exotics. Other cars (muscle, rods, motorcycles, etc.) are welcome too, as long as we have room. There are multiple venues around town that focus on those other classes and make them the center of attention. While we have the limited space that we do, it's how we need to operate.
Now some rules:
- This is a private and permitted event. We work with the property owners, business owners, and Police Department. It's not a free-for-all or first-come-first-serve event. Every month we have people that want to argue about this. Get a life, it's a car show.
- There are multiple entrances to the shopping center but there is only one place to enter the display car area. Please see the parking lot picture. We will remove barricades near the end of the show so multiple exit points will open up.
- No racing or burnouts entering or exiting the event. There are plenty of action photographers standing out on the corner, but don't do it or you’ll be the one signing autographs for Scottsdale’s finest. If you do it on the property you'll be permanently banned. We're thinking about posting a wall of shame so there'll be pics and videos of you getting that ticket or looking immature racing down the street. Above all else, it's dangerous! Just look on YouTube at events around the country where someone loses control...we don't want anyone to get hurt, please don't do it!
- No unauthorized commercial activity. No signs or ads on your vehicle or you’ll be asked to leave. No passing out flyers or solicitations with prior approval. A few sponsorships are available each month if you'd like to promote something. Info can be found here.
- Respect others' property. No touching or opening cars that don’t belong to you. Our parents taught most of us that when we were kids. This means no leaning on cars for photos either. This stuff doesn’t happen all that often, but we do have to say it a few times each season and it’s no fun to have other participants yell at you, and they will sometimes.
- No loud revving of your motor...there are businesses around that are nice enough to allow us to put on this event. Let's not piss them off.
- There are businesses open during the event so be respectful of their parking needs. If this turns into a problem we won't be welcome.
- We have a few people providing parking directions. Please roll your windows down when you arrive and listen to the directions.
- If you’re coming with a large group of specific types of cars, please let us know ahead of time so we can make the room to park you together.
- We typically do a focus car or theme each month and we hold spots for that particular item. Please listen to the guys directing traffic and don't try to convince them to let you park in those spots. If you're in an Aventador and there's three spots left for Jaguar month, you should've gotten out of bed earlier. Move on around and find another spot.
- It's a rain or shine event...we don't cancel or reschedule. If it rains in January, use your umbrella. If it rains in June, join us for a big group dance!
- Support the local merchants so that they will continue to support us!
Here's a rough attempt to try and categorize some cars. If you show up in a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO or a 1984 288 GTO, David will set you up right in front, go get coffee for you, provide you a chair, and fan you with palm fronds. We'll definitely fine tune this over time, and as space permits we'll definitely be more lax. However, early in the morning when space is at a premium, this is how we'll try to operate:
High Performance Exotics: Lamborghinis new and old, Ferraris new and old, vintage Jaguar, vintage Mercedes-Benz, McLarens, Austin-Healey, Bugatti, Lancia, Lotus, Maserati, Ford GT/GT40, Pantera, and similar are what we'd consider exotic.
Notice on a few models we say vintage. Although your new S-series Benz or M-class BMW is sweet, it's probably not exotic enough to warrant showing in our limited space, especially in this part of town. Your recent model SLK is not exotic. But, if you bring the SLS AMG by we'll most likely show you a spot. We could probably fill the entire shopping center with Porsche 911's so if it's something rare and unusual like a 918 Spyder, we'll show you a spot. If not, the Porsche guys congregate together on the north end of the lot.
One of the most often asked questions is, "Can I bring my xxxx?" Well, the simple answer is yes, you're welcome to attend, but you will only be able to park in the roped off display area if you fit the description above. We only try to control the roped off area. If you would like to meet up with some friends with like minded car interests in an area outside the rope, we welcome and even encourage it!
If we're near full and are trying to save for something exotic , don't get pissed and raise a big stink! There's plenty of space in the Open Parking areas. Pick a spot and have your buds join you there.
We will modify these rules from time to time after we see something either stupid or smart that we didn’t think of before. If you have an idea, send us an email. Our goal is to have fun, not take ourselves too seriously, and we try to discourage the self-absorbed from ruining a good time for all.