Rules and Requirements
Scuderia Southwest hosts multiple events. Each event has it's own rules and requirements.
These rules and requirements are for the monthly Scottsdale Motorsports Gathering event.
1) This is a private event. We have contracted with the property owner Whitestone REIT and work closely with the local business owners and the Scottsdale Police Department. It's not a free-for-all or first-come-first-serve event.
2) This event is for exotics, rare high performance and rare collector cars(see below for definitions). New car releases and other specialty vehicles may be allowed on an individually approved basis. We only have limited spaces and we want to fill it with the more rare cars. We may add other categories in the future. We do other events that have different car entry requirements.
3) Display vehicles - There is a $10 entry fee for non-members. This event is free for members of Scuderia Southwest that bring a qualifying car. Spectators are free.
4) We're managing the space so that cars can park in every other space. Please don't pull in and park between two cars, move to the next appropriate location.
5) No unauthorized commercial activity is allowed. No signs, ads or company logos on your vehicle or you’ll be asked to leave. No passing out flyers or solicitations without prior approval. A few sponsorships are available each month if you'd like to promote something. Sponsorship information can be found here.
6) No entry into the show area before 6:00am unless specifically directed by the staff.
7) We have people providing parking directions. Please roll your windows down when you arrive and listen to the directions.
8) No racing or burnouts entering or exiting the event.
9) No loud revving of your motor...there are businesses around that are nice enough to allow us to put on this event. Let's not piss them off.
10) Spectators are welcome to come into the event to walk around and see the cars up close and talk to the car owners. No gathering at the exits or on the sidewalks and median at the exit. This creates a safety hazard and draws complaints from neighbors and the adjacent shopping center.
11) Respect others people's property. No touching or opening cars that don’t belong to you. Our parents taught most of us that when we were kids. This means no leaning on cars for photos either. This stuff doesn’t happen all that often, but we do have to say it a few times each season and it’s no fun to have other participants yell at you - and they will sometimes.
12) There are businesses open during the event so be respectful of their parking needs. If this turns into a problem we won't be welcome.
13) It's a rain or shine event...we don't cancel or reschedule. If it rains in January, use your umbrella. If it rains in June, join us for a big group dance!
14) Support the local merchants so that they will continue to support us! Several open early just for us.
Car Requirement Examples
We have limited space but the goal is to provide a lineup of rare cars that people will drive across town to come see.
Exotics, rare high performance and rare collector cars in the following categories:
1) Vintage collectable European such as Jaguar, Bentley, Austin-Healey, Morgan, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche and others like these.
2) Modern exotic - Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bugatti, McLaren, Ford GT, Audi R8, Aston-Martin, Porsche*, and exotic versions of Mercedes-Benz like the SLS AMG.
3) Vintage American such as authentic 60's era American Muscle such as Shelby Cobra, Mustang, C1/C2 generation Corvettes, Chevelle, Camaro
4) High performance sports - Cars designed from the start to be sports cars - Vipers, Corvettes*, as well as Nissan GTR's, and Acura NSX
5) Other (the guys at the entrance have final say) - Anything else that's rare and shows well - a performance-to-the-max track car, or something rare or a newly released model like the new C8 Corvette
*At some point we may have to prioritize certain Porsches and Corvettes because we could certainly fill the entire parking lot with just these models.
What's NOT included - modern sedans, sport sedans, and coupes. Examples would be sedan/sport sedan like Tesla, Porsche Panamera, BMW M, Audi RS, Mercedes AMG as well as modern Camaros, Challengers, Mustangs, etc. Also not included are trucks and SUV's as well as hot rods.
Don't hate on us if you feel diss'd. We love these cars and actually own them ourselves. We have limited space and we can't accommodate everything. We are constantly reviewing and fine tuning - keep checking back as we make updates. Everything is based on the space we have to work with and as we progress we'll make adjustments as we can. Stay tuned for additional events with different car requirements.
Exceptions can be made if you have something really special. Some months, especially summer months, we could have additional space and exceptions could be easier to make. The guys working the gate have the final say and may allow entry if something interesting shows up or if they determine we have some extra space that can be used. Their word is final and don't be abusive or we'll let you have a discussion with our friends, the Scottsdale PD, that we have working the event every month. If you'd like to inquire about approval ahead of time, send us an email:
We will modify these rules from time to time after we see something either stupid or smart that we didn’t think of before. If you have an idea, send us an email. Our goal is to have fun, not take ourselves too seriously, and we try to discourage the self-absorbed from ruining a good time for all.